What we do
Our mission is to improve health and wellbeing of our community through a range of services below:
- Services for children & youth
Our support programme for children includes a range of clubs and educational courses including:
- Youth Clubs
- Before/After School Clubs
- Youth Clubs
- Holiday Play Scheme Activities
- Music & Drama
- Homework Club
- Services for older people
Our support programme for older people includes a range of clubs and educational courses including:
- We operate 8 Day Care Clubs across Cheshire East. These are open for one day per week for registered clients to enjoy a hot lunch and activities from around 10.30am – 2.30pm. Membership costs £12 per day and Wishing Well transport can be arranged at an additional cost if required.
- Luncheon Clubs
- Day Care Services
- Meal Delivery Services
- Exercise & Healthy Eating
- Household Services including laundry, ironing, gardening & cleaning services
- Services for families
Our support programme for families includes a range of clubs and educational courses including:
- Parenting Programmes (with crèche if required)
- Parents & Tots Sessions
- Social Activities
- Relationship Building Courses
- Outings & Activities for Families
- One to One Advice
- Learning opportunities
Our learning opportunities are wide ranging and offer an informal learning environment. Courses include:
- Computer Courses (For beginners and improvers – 3 venues)
- Literacy & Numeracy
- Health, Nutrition & Weight Management
- Assertiveness Classes (including for young people)
- Knitting & Crochet & Sewing
- Art Classes
- Parenting Classes (0-6/5-15s/Teenagers)
- Photography & IT Skills (Including Digital Photography Skills (3 venues)
- Flower Arranging
- Reiki Level One Teaching Classes
We are always looking for people of all ages and abilities who are willing to spare their free time to help our work in the community.
Volunteering can be on a project basis, such as a playscheme or special event, ongoing with a club or regular activity, or just for a few hours whenever you can spare the time. We provide full induction and ongoing training for all of our volunteers; for example a Food Hygiene training session will be announced shortly. We are especially looking for volunteers to work part-time on a long-term basis in the Community Café, in the Community I.T. Information Centre and in the Advice & Signposting Service at the Eagle Bridge Health & Wellbeing Centre.
If you can spare a few hours during the week to help us at Eagle Bridge, at our Ludford Street Wishing Well Base or other Crewe venues, then please call
Wishing Well Base office: 01270 256919
The Community Café: 01270 376544
Eagle Bridge Advice Office: 01270 376584
- Catering & room hire
We offer various sized rooms for hire at Jubilee House – ranging from 1 – 1 counselling rooms to meeting rooms with a capacity of 50 seated – all offered at very competitive prices.
- Meals on Wheels: We have around 110 clients for ‘meals on wheels’ delivery daily. Hot two-course set meals are delivered between 12noon and 1.30pm by volunteer drivers (two meals are provided on Saturdays to cover the weekend). Meals cost £4.50 per day and are freshly cooked on the day of delivery. This service operates 365 days per year and accommodates dietary needs.
- Event Catering: We offer a delivered catering service from Jubilee House; from small meetings to sit-down hot meals for 200. This service includes children’s parties, for which we have stocks of toys and materials.
- Community Cafe: We also run the Community Café at Eagle Bridge; open 8.30am – 3.00pm offering hot meals, snacks and a meetings and general catering service both for Eagle Bridge and locally. From the Café, and from Kitchens at its Base premises, Wishing Well also offers outside catering for buffets, functions, children’s parties, conferences etc.
The cafe provides volunteering and training opportunities for members of the local community, and it is these volunteers who deliver most of its services, as they do for almost all of the Wishing Well community support programme. If you would like to join us as a Café volunteer please contact us, either at the Café or by telephone at any of the numbers given below. All staff, including volunteers, are specifically trained and qualified in food hygiene and to make your visit an enjoyable one.
- General services
We offer a range of general services including:
- Allotment: Wishing Well runs a large allotment, providing some valuable fresh produce for our kitchens and also exercise, training and social benefits for clients.
- IT Suite & Signposting Services: available at Eagle Bridge. Drop in to our IT suite to use our computers.