What we do
Our mission is to improve health and wellbeing of our community through a range of services below:
- Supported Adults
Our programme for supported adults includes a range of clubs, activities and bespoke provision.
Typically, our supported adults service runs Monday to Friday and offers a variety of activities. Our offer includes improving self-esteem, building confidence, communication, reducing isolation, health & wellbeing, skills for working life, skills for independent living, 1-2-1 support & mentoring whilst having fun in an inclusive setting.
- Each supported adult is provided with a timetable of activities specific to their needs.
- All activities are led by a suitably qualified mentor and/or supervisor.
- Community Outreach
- Domestic skills such as: Cooking, Cleaning, Personal Hygiene
- Day Clubs
- Sports & Arts
- Volunteering and Skill Development
- Employability Training
For more information on our Supported Young Adults Programme, please contact the team on 01270 256919.
Jan Melia – Young Adults Service Lead: email@example.com
- Older People
Our support programme for older people includes a range of clubs and educational courses. Our aim is to improve the health and wellbeing of our ageing community by providing them with a range of suitable and engaging social groups and outreach services.
Our social clubs are designed to tackle social isolation and provide every guest with engaging activities and a freshly prepared meal.
- We operate 8 Day Care Clubs across Cheshire East. These are open for one day per week for registered clients to enjoy a hot lunch and activities from around 10.30am – 2.30pm. Membership costs £16 per day and Wishing Well transport can be arranged at an additional cost if required.
- Luncheon Clubs
- Day Care Services
- Meal Delivery Services – Our popular freshly prepared meals are delivered to the homes of our customers every day.
- Exercise & Healthy Eating – Our physical activity sessions improve the mobility of our older people.
- Domestic Services including laundry, ironing, gardening & cleaning services are all available upon request.
For more information on our Older People services, please contact the team on 01270 256919.
Gill Tarrant – Older People Service Lead: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Children & Families
We are committed to providing an excellent service for children and families. It is our belief that every child deserves the opportunity to have the best start in life. Furthermore, we understand the pressures on family lives and have designed appropriate interventions to offer support to families from across the whole of our community.
Through consultation we have developed a Children & Families service that provides a range of different sessions.
- Parenting Programmes (with crèche if required)
- Parents & Tots Sessions
- Social Activities
- Relationship Building Courses
- Outings & Activities for Families
- One to One Advice
- Family Drop-In sessions
- Youth Clubs
- School Holiday Clubs
For more information on our Children and Families service, please contact the team on 01270 256919.
Mabyn Meredith – Children & Families Service Lead: email@example.com
We believe that education provides people with the ability to improve their health and wellbeing. Our learning opportunities offer a wide range of courses that are all delivered within an informal and appropriate learning environment.
Our 2017/18 Courses include:
- Computer Courses (Foundation Level)
- Literacy & Numeracy
- Health, Nutrition & Weight Management
- Assertiveness Classes
- Knitting & Crochet & Sewing
- Art Classes
- Parenting Classes (0-6/5-15s/Teenagers)
- Photography & IT Skills (Including Digital Photography Skills (3 venues)
- Flower Arranging
- Reiki Level One Teaching Classes
- DIY (Foundation Skills)
- Pottery and Clay Work
- Health and Safety
- First Aid
For more information on our courses or to book on please contact our Education Team on 01270 256919.
Bethan Hogg – Education Service Lead: firstname.lastname@example.org
Molly Evans – Education Support Officer: email@example.com
We are always looking for people of all ages and abilities who are willing to spare their free time to help our work in the community.
Volunteering can be on a one-off basis, such as a homelessness support session or special event, or as an ongoing club or regular activity, or simply just for a few hours whenever you can spare the time. We provide every volunteer with a full induction and ongoing training for all of our volunteers; for example Food Hygiene for those who want to support our catering services or First Aid for those who want to support our family drop-in sessions.
We are especially looking for volunteers to support our meal deliveries service. For a couple of hours a day (one or two days a week) during lunch times to deliver our freshly prepared meals to our most vulnerable people.
If you can spare a few hours during the week to help us at our main hub of Jubilee Housee, The Community Cafe at Eagle Bridge, The George’s Community Centre or as one of our volunteer drivers, then please contact the team.
Wishing Well Office: 01270 256919
Laura Jackson – Volunteer Service Lead: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Catering & room hire
We offer various sized rooms for hire at Jubilee House and the George’s Community Centre – ranging from 1 – 1 counselling rooms to meeting rooms with a capacity of 80 seated – all offered at very competitive prices.
Meal Delivery Service We reach approximately 100 people with our ‘meals on wheels’ service on a daily basis. Hot two-course set meals are delivered between 11.30am and 1.30pm by volunteer drivers (two meals are provided on Saturdays to cover the weekend). Meals cost £4.75 per day and are freshly cooked on the day of delivery. This service operates 365 days per year and accommodates any dietary needs.
Event Catering: We offer a delivered catering service from Jubilee House and the George’s Community Centre; from small meetings to sit-down hot meals for 200. This service includes children’s parties, for which we have stocks of toys and materials.
Community Cafe: We also run the Community Café at Eagle Bridge; open 8.30am – 2.30pm offering hot meals, snacks and a general catering service both for Eagle Bridge and locally. From the Café, and from Kitchens at its Base premises, Wishing Well also offers outside catering for buffets, functions, children’s parties, conferences etc.
Cafe Menu 2018
The cafe provides volunteering and training opportunities for members of the local community, and it is these volunteers who deliver most of its services, as they do for almost all of the Wishing Well community support programme. If you would like to join us as a Café volunteer please contact us, either at the Café or by telephone at any of the numbers given below. All staff, including volunteers, are specifically trained and qualified in food hygiene and to make your visit an enjoyable one.
- General services
We offer a range of general services including:
- Allotment: Wishing Well runs a large allotment, providing some valuable fresh produce for our kitchens and also exercise, training and social benefits for clients.
- IT Suite & Signposting Services: available at Eagle Bridge. Drop in to our IT suite to use our computers.